Tuesday, July 17, 2012

DIY Chalkboard Fridge...

I know this DIY has been floating around in the blogging world but I decided to share my little weekend project - I painted our stained, rusting rental fridge in chalkboard paint!!

I was looking into doing something really crazy at first.... maybe something like this:


Or like this:


I came to the conclusion the chalkboard would be more functional though - leaving notes for guests, guests even using it as a message board, etc. 

So here's the before:


Can you see the little rust spots all over?! Here look at this closeup:

ew.

Here she is after 1 coat of primer:


Aaaaand the AFTER:


This was SO EASY!! I just had a mini sponge roller, rolling pan, and a quart of chalkboard paint. It took 3 coats and about 24 hours of drying time before I wrote on it. 

It's obviously not completely finished, I plan on removing the handles to get full coverage and possibly paint the handles as well?? I was too lazy to get that ambitious this weekend :) 

It has definite cuteness possibilities!! The side is painted as well - I plan on writing famous New Orleans recipes or cocktail recipes like the Sazerac on there. CUTE! 




2 comments:

Melissa Crochet @ The Insane Domain said...

Great idea!

Elizabeth said...

ooh, I love the floral one but yours is much more functional. Love it!
xoxo -e (modern24seven)