Saturday, May 14, 2011

In The Kitchen... Greek Salad!...

Thought I'd share with y'all one of my favorite summer dishes....

GREEK SALAD! My parents went to Greece one summer and brought back this delicious recipe. It's super healthy, super tasty and super easy to make!


Here's what you'll need:
- Cucumbers
- Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Tomatoes (I like cherry tomatoes cause it saves a step of having to cut them)
- Feta Cheese ( I go to my local Greek grocery store - Mona's for you locals - and buy it there, it tastes SO much better than that other stuff)
- Pitted Black Olives - they're not pictured above but an important ingredient!
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes - for added kick!
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Pita Bread as a side


Then you go ahead and chop everything up to bite size pieces and toss it all together in a large bowl. I love this recipe because you can add more of one ingredient if you love it and reduce another and it still tastes great!


It's such a colorful dish and so healthy. It's great for picnics as well.



Bon Apetit!  

 - BOO

No comments: