Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mardi Gras Re-Cap & STILL Recovering!....

Hello y'all!! Sorry for the lack of posts... Mardi Gras came and went and now Boo is pooped!! I finally got all the glitter and feathers vacuumed up from all the rooms in the house!

Here's my costume I threw together:


The original inspiration was of course, my Barbie Barbarella and I just went from there... so I kinda became Barbie Barbarella/Tina Turner Mad Max/Warrior Voodoo Priestess Gold kinda thing....  who knows!?

Here's a shot of all the revelers in front of our neighborhood bar, Mimi's...


And I love this picture of all the neighbors before the madness really began! How fitting we took the pic in front of the hot pink dumpster!


It was a great Mardi Gras but honestly I'm glad it's over!! There were SO many parties, parades, drinking & eating.... I can now focus on some big home projects. Whew!

** If you have a moment, I'd love for you to read THIS ARTICLE ... it sums up exactly how I feel about this lovely lady, New Orleans.

2 comments:

Gabrielle Stommel said...

love it boo!

pheobe said...

A very lively scene,like the atmosphere.