Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Bywater Artist & Art Studio...

Yesterday I went over to my friend, Regina Scully's art studio and snapped a couple of pictures of her latest works...

Random small world side note - she went to college and was roomies (in Rhode Island!) with The Hubs and we run into her here in New Orleans and turns out she lives 2 blocks away from us on our street!

Anyhoot, her studio is around the corner from us and she's in the same space as another local artist, Dr. Bob.


Regina's place is to the left, a lot less flashy than the scary clown man directing you to Dr. Bob!


Regina's paintings are abstract and HUGE - notice her standing next to the one below. I love the colors and abstract shapes in her work. I could stare at all the tiny details of one of her paintings for hours!


I love the light blue against the reds and oranges... below is a close up of some of the detail.




I love this black and white sculptural piece as well - it reminds me of a little village of people!


What I really love is to see Regina's work space - so much paint!


Regina is getting ready for her next show which will be at the Heriard-Cimino Gallery here in New Orleans. It will be in early 2012 and I can't wait to see her new paintings!

No comments: