- lotsa broccoli
- your choice of mushroom (or leave it out if no likey)
- grated ginger - I prefer a lot of ginger, like 3 tablespoons but it's to taste
- finely chopped garlic (I use 4 cloves)
- any other veggie you like! I threw some spinach in this one at the end
- 2 cups of cooked sushi rice
- sesame seeds
- soy sauce
- hoisin sauce
- olive oil
- toasted sesame oil
- siracha hot sauce
Whew.... OK, it looks like a lot of ingredients but if you like to cook Asian food you should have a lot of these items as staples in your pantry. Usually I just have to run out and buy the veggies because we have everything else.
- Saute the garlic and ginger in a little olive oil & simmer for a couple minutes on medium heat.
- Throw in your mushrooms to the mix:
- cook them down for a couple of minutes
- then throw in the broccoli and add a 1/4 cup of water to help steam the broccoli.
(sorry for bad pics again! but i finally found my camera so better pics to come!)
- At this point you should throw in some splashes of soy sauce, a tablespoon of hoisin sauce and throw in the chopped scallions.
- cook all that just a little - you still want the broccoli somewhat crunchy
- then you get out a big bowl, fill it with some sushi rice then load up this tastiness on top!
- next, drizzle a teaspoon of toasted sesame oil on top the dish, garnish with sesame seeds, handful of cashews, and drizzle the siracha hot sauce on top
And enjoy!! It's SO good! I also like this recipe because you can add so much to it. Either more veggies or beef or chicken. Leftovers are even great the next day.
Let me know what you think if you try it!