Friday, June 17, 2011

More Florida Design!....

I thought I'd share with yall my Aunt & Uncles condo in Florida right near where we were staying... Like most of the women in my family, my aunt also loves interior design and great DIY ideas as you'll see below!
  

The condo is a studio and it's TINY! But she was able to make it feel more spacious and calming by keeping it neutral and keeping the clutter out.
The two photographs above the bed were in their home in New Orleans for years and she's always loved old fences and decided to use that as a springboard for the designs throughout the space...


So you can imagine her excitement when she found this old fence piece at an antique store!! It fits perfectly above the sofa and sets the tone of the whole space...


I apologize for the dark picture but I wanted to try and show you the mirror they made in the bathroom. They bought a simple mirror (no frame) and framed around it with cedar fence boards. Notice on the upper right and left how it looks like a fence! I love the light fixtures too - reminds me of a camp!

 
  
They took out the cabinet doors in the kitchen to create more open shelving. She plans on getting more baskets to finish the upper shelf. I love the texture wicker baskets bring!


Now this gets crafty... my aunt got a piece of glass cut to the size of her back splash. She then painted one side with a really soft blue/green (about five coats!) and then mounted it up with the painted side facing the wall. A super cheap and easy way to get the look of glass tile! I might want to try something like this...



And how about I finish this post off with a shot of their pool?! Since it is over 95 degrees today - it's nice to want to jump into that!


Shameless plug - you can rent this beautiful place on VRBO - CLICK HERE 

- BOO

No comments: