Friday, June 3, 2011

NOLA Farmer's Market...

One thing I love about living in the semi tropics is the abundance of amazingly yummy local produce... There are many Farmer's Markets throughout the city held on different days that I urge all you locals to check out!


My favorites grown here in Louisiana are peaches, tomotoes, blueberries and strawberries... the list could go on and on. There is such a difference in taste (not to mention no toxins!) when you buy local organic produce. Sorry, don't mean to be preachy but it's one thing I feel strongly about! And if you're a Foodie like me, you know what I'm talkin about with the taste!


I was excited to see the heirloom tomatoes are making their annual summer comeback! So I had to make a little appetizer of tomato, basil and mozarella - I love this simple dish! We used to always order this when we lived in NYC, so whenever I make it I have fond memories of NYC... (I put a little red cracked pepper for extra kick)


Oh and it's the Creole Tomato Festival June 10th and 11th in the Quarter so check it out!

-BOO

No comments: