Friday, January 14, 2011

In the Kitchen... Shrimp N' Grits!

The Hubs and I wanted to make something "New Orleans" for my in-laws who were in town over the holidays. I wanted something different than the usual gumbo or jambalaya so shrimp n' grits it was! Technically we made Emerils "Smothered Andouille Sausage and Shrimp over Stone Ground Grits" recipe here.

We bought the sausage from Cochon Butcher and it was excellent!


The recipe is very easy and it's a great dish for dinner or even Sunday brunch! 



Ummm yeah... this awesome kitchen is NOT mine! We were cooking at my parents house. I feel like I am cooking at a restaurant in there!


Yuummmmm....


We served the dish with champagne... it was a nice paring to do super spicy food with a dry bubbly cocktail! (learned that trick from my father-in-law!)

Bon Apetit!

 - BOO

No comments: