Sunday, January 2, 2011

Road (Ferry) Trip! - Algiers Point...

The other day we took the ferry over to Algier's Point on the West Bank from downtown New Orleans. I definitely recommend going if you enjoy architecture, great city views and just doing something different! (Plus the ferry is FREE!)

The neighborhood is actually the second oldest in New Orleans - it was settled in the 1720's! So of course there are some great houses to see. Here are some highlights from the trip:

Views of Downtown New Orleans:



Pretty Pelican...



Houses that caught my eye...


Detailed shot:



A Creole Cottage kind of similar to ours!




Crazy BIG tree!



This house below was interesting... looks like they took a 50's style brick house and tried to transform it into... well, I am not quite sure!?


How sweet is this little shotgun?! I fell in love with it! Trailer parks should take note from these little guys...



Some houses reminded me of what we see in the Bywater but it is much more conservative on the other side of the river! NO crazy colored homes here!

- BOO

3 comments:

Katie said...

I had no idea all of that beauty existed on the Wank!

Boo Hazard said...

I know right?! I never knew until we were moving back. It's not really that cheap either! By ferry it's only 5 minutes from the Aquarium & Harrah's.

bilety promowe said...

Yes, you are right. Ferry over to Algier's Point on the West Bank from downtown New Orleans is really good. Thanks for sharing the pics, Boo Hazard.